I came across a very informative book a few days ago. This is a must-read for anyone who wants practical advice on freelance matters. The book is written by Luke Spear, a freelance translator based in Melbourne. On translator's day this year, he decided to make the book freely available on the Internet. I would like to thank him for the kind gesture.
Here is a brief description of the book (in the author's words):
"LEARN HOW TO…
- quickly find the right hardware and software
- price correctly and find out what to expect to earn
- market and sell to agencies and direct clients
- understand the translation work process
- grow your business with valuable tips
- quickly locate all the resources required by a freelance translator
- create an invoice – a sample is included"